Monday, February 28, 2011

Saying Hello to the Future

Our good friends moved on Saturday. They moved to a different state. We had lunch with them last Sunday after church and it was nice to sit down and catch up. I realized at that point that we took the fact that they lived so close for granted. It is always hard to say goodbye to someone. No matter what the circumstances are, it is never easy to say goodbye.

As they were moving to a new home and new life, we were painting our house. We are doing the paint equity in the house to help with our down payment. It is nice they have that option. We had plenty for the down payment, but if we can get an extra $2026 out of them, bring it on! It is rough work, on your knees on concrete floor, caulking, getting dirty, getting paint in your hair, making sure the primer is on thick enough, semi-gloss vs. flat paint. You get the picture. As I was sitting, taking a break, drinking some water, I looked around me and I looked at what we were doing and it hit me. Like a ton of bricks it hit me. This is real, this is the future I had all planned out for us. A nice sized house for the three of us, Shane has a great job, a college degree, I have a great job, one that I can still be at home, work from home even, and still be there to take care of all the minute details of the finances, the cooking, the cleaning, the caretaking, etc. CWe live in a great, safe area, in the suburbs. Our little piece of heaven right here on earth. It didn't occur to me before until I was inside this home working, that we are saying hello to the future! A future Shane and I discussed when I was pregnant with Cameron so many years ago! The things we dreamed of for our lives. The goals we had for the future, here it is. All of it. We couldn't ask for anything else.

As we say goodbye to our past, we say hello to the future. God has richly blessed us.

No comments:


My Boys!

My Boys!