Monday, February 21, 2011

Painting and Priming and Houses OH MY!!!!

Paint is bought, caulk is bought, rollers are ready. Painting commences in T- 3 days. We have two full weeks to get our entire house interior primed and painted. I am looking forward to getting in there and getting it ready to close. They will have the cabinets and countertops already installed, the trim and doors up, all ready to bepainted and then the flooring will be put down, some finishing touches and then we close!

While it has only been a 5 month timeline, I feel like it has been a year to complete this house building process. I guess when I worked for Davis homes and was the salesperson, it seemed like they put them up in no time, but now that I am the homeowner and on the other side of the process, it seems to take forever! I know I am just being impatient, but I am so ready to be a homeowner and get settled into our home. We have been kind of like drifters since we moved to Westfield, living a year or so in one place, then moving on to bigger and better. Finally, we can settle down. Nobody thinks we will stay there long, but I am going to prove them wrong. I never can settle into a house or apartment very long, because it isn't what I really want. I always told Shane from the day we got married, and talking about our goals in our married life. I wanted a 3 bedroom, 2 bath ranch home. I wanted a big bathtub and a kitchen with an island and a little front porch so I can sit out there in the rain and not get wet. I want a nice sized backyard with the ability to put in flower beds and a small raised bed garden and a fireplace. So, now, I get what I have always wanted except more because we have an upstairs bonus room.

So, we have this week and a month left until we close. So 5 more weeks basically. I cannot wait. Finally our hard work has paid off and we are ready to settle down. So many changes in our life this year. A house, Shane's job is changing, I am getting back in real estate probably later this week or so, Cameron going into high school. Lots of changes. But I am ready for all of them.

Here we go!

No comments:


My Boys!

My Boys!