Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Real Estate

"I never get what I really want. I always get a lot of stupid toys, or a bicycle or clothes or something that."

"What is it that you want?"

"Real estate."


Lucy and Charlie Brown get into a conversation during the Christmas season and they discuss what they want for Christmas. Lucy reveals that she never gets what she really wants, and when Charlie Brown asks her what she wants, she says real estate. A girl after my own heart!

Ever since I was a kid, I remember my dad taking my mom and I on little cruises around the Hamilton, Marion and Boone counties, showing us the big huge houses he had delivered trim or doors to the day before. I distinctly remember sitting in the truck and looking in awe at these huge, beautiful homes.

When I was a teenager, it never occured to me that I could be a realtor. I loved houses, had a passion for them, but it never seemed like at career day, the choice of realtor was ever available. It was always doctors, lawyers, teachers, etc. I swore up and down I wanted to be a meteorologist, then I wanted to be a guidance counselor at a school, then I wanted to be a teacher, then I wanted to be a......you name it. It wasn't until we lost our home to mold and bad dealings with an unethical realtor that it really hit me. I could still be a realtor. You don't need a college degree. You don't need to spend exorbitant amounts of money to get started. (I mean large student loans and stuff like that you would need for college. If you count the fees for the board of realtors, you would think it is expensive) I could do this.

I spent several years saving up for the real estate class. Finally I got to sign up and go. I finished with flying colors and went to take the exam for my license. Passed on the first try. Got it all done, got my license active and paid my MIBOR fees. No luck with finding clients, but I got my feet wet in the business. Then I got a few clients and it all was good. Until I couldn't afford the fees and had to walk away from my career that I loved so much and go back to substitute teaching to pay bills.

Finally, after 3 years, I get to be a realtor again. I have changed companies and am very excited to work with my broker, whom I actually went to high school with! Such a breath of fresh air to have a moral, ethical person to work with.

So, I am active and ready for all the people out there that have real estate needs. Call me up, email me, facebook message me. I am ready and eager to help you out. If you are looking for a moral, ethical person to work with, you have to look no further than right here.

So excited for all the exciting things going on in our lives right now. We have a closing date for our house and are packing and ready to move. Shane starts his sales job in 2 weeks and is so excited. So much to thank God for right now in our lives. And I fall to my knees to think that He loves me so much to give me so many blessings in my life.

No comments:


My Boys!

My Boys!