Monday, February 14, 2011

Spring

I do this every year. I sit at home with my sweatshirt on, bundled up on the couch with a thick blanket, looking outside while it is overcast and cold, snow piled up and looking brown and dirty. I sit there and grumble and whine about how much winter stinks. Then it happens. The 7 day forecast comes up and there is a glimmer of hope in the drudgery of winter. It gets in the 40's or 50's for a week and I go crazy! Get the shovels back out happily to scooop the leftover slush away, clear out the sidewalk, driveway and anything in the way. I get my walking shoes on and go outside in the wet thawed out world and hit the pavement.

So it won't last. I know this. It happens every year. There is a nice thaw, warm temps and then boom, gone. Sometimes a big winter storm comes and takes away the hope for the spring.

So if you need me in the next few days, you might try the walking trails! I will be hitting the pavement all week to get the winter blahs our of my system!

Later peeps!

No comments:


My Boys!

My Boys!