Thursday, January 6, 2011

14 years.......already?

Tuesday, January 11th is our anniversary.

14 years married. Wow. Obviously, the longest relationship either of us have ever been in.
We dated for one year before we got married. So technically, we have been together for 15 years. That's almost half my life!!

Our married relationship started off rocky. We had no money, I was 5 months pregnant and we lived with my parents and grandparents. Not so exciting for a newlywed young married couple.

We have made many mistakes and fought and screamed and gotten angry with each other. But all in all, we have a wonderful relationship. It was hard the first few years, but later on in our relationship as we got older and wiser and grew up a little, it was much easier to compromise and work together on our marriage.

The older we get, the more we learn about each other.

Tomorrow we are going out for our anniversary. Last year we went to Doubletree Suites where we went on our wedding night. This year, we are going out to a nice dinner at the Melting Pot, where they will have a table waiting for us that has a card with our anniversary on it. Romantic, huh? The we are going to the fashion mall and walk around and then head home. I am a total hopeless romantic. I am like Noah in The Notebook. Complete romantic.

So, January 11, Shane and I will celebrate 14 years of blissful married life.
Happy Aniversary Shane, I love you more than words can express.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Kristian said...

Thank you Jenessa!!


My Boys!

My Boys!