Wednesday, December 1, 2010

'Tis The Season.

It's December 1. The start of the Christmas month. At my house, the tree is up, the lights are on, the stockings are hung. The Christmas cookies have been made, the presents all wrapped and under the tree.

But what is it about Christmas that causes people to turn into a bunch of greedy fiends? Why is it that the santa decorations and the reindeer are abundant but the nativity is the one you have to really search for? Why is it that it's all about presents and what you give? It's ridiculous! Yes, I buy gifts, but they are not abundant, they are not spectacular, they are just a gift to give. I typically make homemade gifts for family and we buy a gift for one of Shane's siblings, depending on who we draw out of the hat. The nieces and nephew get a gift, and of course Cameron gets the most. This year, I picked one thing and Shane picked one thing to gvie each other. And that's it. Period. I have to finish my homemade gifts, and then I will be done for the season. I know some don't appreciate the homemade things as much as they enjoy gift cards and wrapped presents, but in my opinion, the homemade gifts are the ones that come from the heart. I have spent the last few years trying to be creative with my gifts and have done homemade cocoa in a jar with mugs and cookies, last year we made homemade cookie jars, this year I am making a non-edible gift. :) I am making wooden signs for the holidays. They may be messy in some places, the paint may not be exactly perfect, but they were made with love.

Remember this Christmas season that this isn't the season of greed and parties and counting how many presents you get, but the reason we celebrate Christmas is because of the birth of our Lord and Savior. His birth was the best gift we could ever receive and we should be thankful for God's gift to us.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all my friends out there. You are all special to me.

No comments:


My Boys!

My Boys!