Thursday, December 16, 2010

Decisions.

I have been saving up for my Board of Realtor fees for a few months now. I have some more to save up, but by the time the Spring rolls around, I will be active again and back to my career!!

I started my real estate career out with a guy named Jed and his private real estate group. I like Jed and he is a great guy, but he has no business sense at all. So I went to Carpenter and stuck with them.

With money being tight for so many years, I couldn't really spend a lot of money marketing myself and I didn't have the money to renew my MIBOR fees year after year. So, I ended up going into referral status and moving on.

I am determined to be active again. One reason is we get a commission taken off our house with me being an active realtor, and two, I love my job! It makes me happy to see people getting a new home, whether it is their first home or their fifth.

I have been given an opportunity to go with an unknown company through a friend and was approached with a position offered in her real estate company. She manages properties and is a realtor as well, but needs to have another realtor on board. Her office is in Avon, which a decent drive from my house, but she said I can work from home and use her office equipment if I need to. I have all the stuff I need here at home and when we move I will have an extra bedroom that I was planning on putting my computer in anyway, so with a bigger desk and a fax machine, I should be good to work from home full time! That works for me, definitely! Also, I get 20% more commission per transaction than I would with Carpenter. So that kind of makes a sticking point too.

I don't particularly like going with a name that isn't known well throughout the metro area, and I won't have access to a lot of marketing tools I would with Carpenter, but all in all, it sounds like a pretty good deal.

Oh decisions decisions. I hate making decisions.

No comments:


My Boys!

My Boys!