Monday, December 27, 2010

Sniffling, sneezing, coughing aching, stuffy head, fever so you can lay on the couch and feel like someone ran over you with a bus medicine???

Christmas is one of my favorite holidays. Family, baby Jesus, decorations. And the infamous Christmas tree. For as long as I remember, we have always had an artificial tree. Looks like a real one, only it is symmetrical and the same height every year. I am very allergic to pine trees of all shapes and sizes, and that includes the wonderful Christmas trees people love to have in their homes.

My mother in law loves a real tree. Not only that, but real garland, and sprigs of pine sitting in bowls and vases scattered around the entire house. Her decorating is lovely, unless you're me. Then it is a sign of sneezing, red runny eyes, stuffy nose.

Every year I deal and go and try to sit in a room that doesn't have pine in it. Only to sit in the room with the tree for the time we do presents.

Well, this year, we all sat around the tree and hung out for several hours, mostly because the more babies being born and the more siblings that get married, the less space there is for people to move around and find a chair to sit in. So I was stuck in the tree room most of the time we were there.

By the time I dragged Shane and Cameron out of there, my nose was full, making my voice nasally, my eyes were red and puffy, running like I was crying and I was just feeling miserable.

Yesterday, we would've went to church, but Shane got called into work to get some packet made for a job so we all went with him and made a day out of it. I woke up sneezing my head off and a runny nose. My allergies usually go within 24 hours and I don't have the major inconvenience for more than that, just the day to day allergy symptoms. But yesterday was full on, drop you like a hot pan with no hot pad day. I felt miserable still and literally spent the time we were at home on the couch. Now my nose is red from wiping it and blowing it. My head feels like it weighs a ton. Ugh.

I am sensitive to medicine. All medicine, even advil or tylenol. Shane went to the store to get me some cold medicine and came home with nyquil. Now, I have taken this particualr brew before and it literally goes into my system and I end up feeling like I have been in a coma for several weeks when I wake up. Makes my head feel like it weighs a million pounds (which is more than the cold or allergies make it feel like) and while it says it is alcohol free, I am pretty sure they just fill the bottle up with pure vodka and put some flavoring in it to taste like orange.

So, today, I am in medicine head world, where everything is in slow motion and I just want to lay on my couch and stare at the ceiling. So I am changing the commercial with the catchy little ditty and making it "Nyquil, the sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy head, fever so you can lay on the couch and feel like someone ran over you with a bus medicine."

Now if you will excuse me, there is a couch with my name on it and a bus heading this direction.....goodnight!

No comments:


My Boys!

My Boys!