Friday, October 8, 2010

Song of the Day

So I have decided to revamp my blog and change things around a bit, shake things up a little.
So, I am doing a song of the day. I will choose a song that speaks to me or is catching my attention, the lyrics and talk a little about it. Should give you something to think about. :)

Today's Song of the Day is On My own from Les Miserables. I love musicals and may end up doing a lot of musical numbers on here.

On My Own
On my own, pretending he's beside me.
All alone, I walk with him 'til morning
Without him, I feel his arms around me
And when I lose my way I close my eyes and he has found me
In the rain, the pavement shines liek silver
All the lights are misty in teh river
In the darkness the trees are full of starlight
And all I see if him and me forever and forever
And I know, it's only in my mind
That I'm talking to myslef and not to him
And although, I know that he is blind
Still I say, there's a way for us
I love him, but when the night is over
He is gone, the river's just a river
without him the world around me changes
the trees are bare asnd everywhere the streets are full of strangers
I love him but ever day I'm learning
All my life I've only been pretending
Without me, his world will go on turning
A world that's full of happiness that I have never known.
I love him,
I love him
I love him, but only on my own
This song is so full of emotion to me. If you have ever had the opportunity to see this musical, it is full of heartbreak and pain. War and broken people. Eponine sings this to the love of her life, Marius, who happens to be in love with Cosette. Eponine goes to the battlefield in search of Marius and ends up getting shot and dies, but not before she gets a chance to tell Marius how she feels. So sad.
Sometimes, you can look at songs that are not Christian based, and apply them to God. She goes and gets herself shot and then with her dying breaths, she tells him how she feels. How many people never take the opportunity to know God or tell Him how they feel until it's almost too late? God is so good to us. He is so mighty. He is the love of our lives, or should be. I can't fathom a life without Him in it.
Stay tuned for tomorrow's song.....

No comments:


My Boys!

My Boys!