Friday, June 17, 2011

Williamsburg, VA trip Days 3-5

A whirlwind of history! I love it here! SO much rich history here in Virginia.

Day 3- We arrived in Williamsburg, after driving by Monicello on our way here, but we didn't go on the tour as there wasn't enough time. We arrived and basically checked into our hotel and chilled the rest of the day.

Day4-Jamestown. We went to Jamestown Settlement on Thursday. It was a lovely day and we spent it looking around at the settlement and seeing them doing an archaeological dig. It was awesome!

Later in the afternoon, we stopped by a Salt Spa. This was a place that had drug several tons of Polish salt from Poland over here that is therapeutic. It is heated and produces negative ions, which I guess your body doesn't get enough of. Anyway, it is supposed to relax you and help with allergies, asthma, etc. We went it. If you now me at all, you know I do not sit still at all and find it very difficult to not fidget. I was a little nervous that I woudl be a pest to the 6 other people in there, including Cameron and my grams and pap. It was 45 minutes of sitting in a gravity chair with a blanket and it was quiet and there was soft music playing. It was comfy and nice. However, everyone else is falling asleep and I don't do 45 minute naps. Therefore, I stayed up. After about 5 minutes, I started to fidget, but remembered I had a book in my purse, so I sat there and read. It was nice. I have horrible allergies and within 5 minutes, I was able to breathe out of my nose with no clogs. I can't honestly remember the last time I was able to do that.

Day 5- Colonial Williamsburg
We set out to the 1770's this morning. It was a sunny hot day and we were ready for some more history! It was great. The downtown of Colonial Williamsburg was quaint and full of buildings that were from the time period. They had actors dressed in that time period clothing and all the people that worked there were as well. They had re-enactments. They had horses. They had it all. I was in love! I was so excited to see all the history of the town and hear about the Revolutionary War time period. We especially liked the Governor's Palace. It was neat. We also went into the cellars at the palace. It was dark and creepy and felt weird down there. Yikes!
We went to the Chowning's Tavern for lunch and it was nice and yummy! It was all around a great day!

Tomorrow, we are heading to Yorktown, then we are headed toward home. We are planning on stopping at Mt. Vernon on our way home on Sunday and then home on Monday! Whew! What a fun exciting vacation!

No comments:


My Boys!

My Boys!